Wednesday 7 January 2009

Where The Fish


3 more days till the tank comes! Long waiting time and my mind is still buzzing with various layouts and sorts. Might just want to return one of the java fern back and change it for a windelov.

That aside, what you see in the picture is where the tank will be. Just beside the dining table and that's all my stuff there that you see. Considering how brown the entire cupboard it, a spot of green there should do nicely. But I think the context the tank is set within also kind of limits the layout to a U-shaped layout. A mount or triangle layout wouldn't look as nice, especially with the mirror beside it.

I'm hoping the U-shape layout will let the eye flow from the cupboards to the tank and back without any difficulty. Mount and triangle shaped layouts tend to make the eye rest on the main focal point. A U-shape tends to encourage more sweeping eye movement in my opinion. Then again I might be wrong in all this pseudo-psycho-science.

No comments:

Post a Comment